Due by the start of the Sept. 19 class meeting
- Why do we link in news stories? (Mathew Ingram)
- XKeyscore: NSA tool collects “nearly everything a user does on the Internet” (Glenn Greenwald)
- Lavabit’s Ladar Levison: “If you knew what I know about email, you might not use it” (Kashmir Hill)
- NSA officers spy on love interests (Siobhan Gorman)
- More stuff which I’ll share with you privately
2. Come up with at least 1 discussion question about any of the topics covered in the reading, and be prepared to discuss the question(s) in class.
3. Read the grading rubric for written blog posts. Then, post at least one written entry on your blog (250 words or more). Research at least one relevant hashtag that people are actively using on Twitter, then tweet a headline with a link to your blog post, and include the hashtag(s) in your tweet.
(Photo by Will Lion)